Skip to main content

Information is Wealth

I recently watched Irumbu Thirai, and I couldn't believe I missed this movie during its release.The core subject of the movie is cyber security. We may find a password to unlock someone's phone, and call ourselves hackers. But this movie depicts a simple and detailed answer to what is hacking. 

The film starts on a Major Kathiravan, who dwells in the hopes of resigning his job and going abroad. He has a problem in controlling his temper and is sent to a psychiatrist Rathi Devi. She, upon hearing his pasts, asks him to visit his hometown for six weeks, take a selfie of him there and post it on facebook. There, he learns about his sister's love and the demand from the family of the groom for their marriage. He assures his father that he will get a loan, (Although he doesn't like the idea.)Major gets back to Chennai and tries in many banks, but they get rejected everywhere as they don't have any financial security with them. To their surprise, they get approached by a man who claims to be a loan agent and tells them to forge documents stating that they are starting a Xerox cum computer shop business in Ambattur and that he will help them in getting the loan. In return, he demands only a cheque of INR 60,000 after the first due is over. Kathiravan initially refuses, but as his father urges him, he reluctantly agrees to the man's offer and submits all the original documents to him. The man helps them in obtaining a loan of 6 Lakhs. 

Kathiravan gets overjoyed and starts the wedding preparations. He gives the ATM card to his father,and his uncle teaches his father on how to operate the ATM card. One day, his father tells the major that he couldn't withdraw cash from the machine due to insufficient balance. He then notices that there was no message received from the bank upon the mysterious withdrawals.He then decides to nab the culprit on his own. And this is where we are introduced to a whole new world of the web we've never thought of. Like any other movie, this story also ends in the culprit getting arrested. But there is a slight hint that there may be a sequel to this movie, as the culprit creates a new account and starts a new chain.

A detailed explanation of the dark net and how people hack personal information is given in the second half of the film.And we also come to know about the masterminds of hacking.The antagonist, White Devil's performance was awesome. There is also a hidden message, the negative aspect of posting personal information and photos in the social media. This is a most common mistake that we make these days, especially the younger generation.

On the whole, this is must watch film for everyone, as the messages it gives are to raise awareness on cyber security.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dude - Review

TL;DR - A Rare mainstream surprise with its heart in the right place. To begin with, I didn't expect any movie to make it to my blog this year, especially Dude. I was skeptical even while booking the tickets, and the pessimism only grew when a couple of close friends said they didn’t like it. For context: I didn’t enjoy Love Today , and Dragon was just okay. But if skepticism can ever lead to a pleasant surprise, Dude definitely proves it. I usually look for one out of two things from a film - a compelling narrative or solid entertainment. I don’t comment much on Tamil films because Tamil cinema, at least from what I have sampled, often misses both and at its worst, treats the female lead as an interchangeable prop, contributing no real agency to the story. It has been a long while since a mainstream entertainer offered a female character with intention, dimension, and presence. Dude does, and that alone deserves acknowledgement. PR struck like a typical Gen-Z actor in his first...

Recap 2025

    2025 was a year of trials, tribulations and triumphs. A mixtape of emotions. A year where either conditional probability did not apply to my life or there were more variables in play. It was a year of shedding: both light and deadweight. The year quietly announced itself towards the end of 2024, when I had a wonderful exploration of the Ripon Building and its surroundings. It quietly set the tone for the new year – wandering, observing and letting curiosity take the lead. The first two months were mildly eventful. I was selected to be the head of Registration Committee for Vibrance. I enjoyed the hustle – the checklist, the controlled chaos and the celebrations. I was simultaneously handling my submission for the semi-finals of the Google Girls’ Hackathon, and I’m grateful to my committee and my parents for being supportive. I had an instrumental phase, and I remember blasting the Imperial March in the middle of the night while working. It turned out to be much better ...

The beauty of antithesis

It is human to crave order Inhuman to resist the antithesis. One steadies the room The other wakes your doom It is all around us, omnipresent. Dare I say, nay, I declare. In nature, in physics In perfect relationships In the blank space of art Or the black text in a white part Youth teaches you to embrace it Experience forces enjoyment Conservatives, resistance. Yet Immortal, its existence.