Skip to main content

Benne Dosa Comes to Me


Benne dosa comes to me

probably to say hi and see

how easy is it for me

to change my allegiance.


It has been well over a month since I moved to Bengaluru, a city that has always been a

part of my upbringing. Strangely, despite not starting over from scratch, this city has offered two lenses for me to play with.


A brand new lens for the road ahead, a tinted lens reflecting all my previous selves that have stayed in Bengaluru over the years. From coming here for quick getaways to planning how quickly I can navigate through the city’s traffic, perhaps Bengaluru did witness my life as much as every other city I’ve known, if not more.

 

Surely it cannot match Chennai. At least, not yet. The city and I aren’t the best of friends yet, but we tend to be kind to each other. Chennai formed the

foundation of who I am. Varanasi taught me to trust. I’ve been to Delhi twice and we have been as formal as strangers could be. Bombay taught me to be unapologetically myself and embrace my quirks.


Bengaluru seems more like a sim environment than an interactive playground, but it is too soon to tell. Perhaps in the country’s most hustling city, I have the chance to walk and navigate. 


Maybe allegiance doesn’t change over a single benne dosa. The easiest way to tip the scale would be an abundance of filter coffee, which seems to lack where I live. 

Comments

  1. it feels nice to witness your journey as you explore the city. Keep exploring! 🤍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dude - Review

TL;DR - A Rare mainstream surprise with its heart in the right place. To begin with, I didn't expect any movie to make it to my blog this year, especially Dude. I was skeptical even while booking the tickets, and the pessimism only grew when a couple of close friends said they didn’t like it. For context: I didn’t enjoy Love Today , and Dragon was just okay. But if skepticism can ever lead to a pleasant surprise, Dude definitely proves it. I usually look for one out of two things from a film - a compelling narrative or solid entertainment. I don’t comment much on Tamil films because Tamil cinema, at least from what I have sampled, often misses both and at its worst, treats the female lead as an interchangeable prop, contributing no real agency to the story. It has been a long while since a mainstream entertainer offered a female character with intention, dimension, and presence. Dude does, and that alone deserves acknowledgement. PR struck like a typical Gen-Z actor in his first...

Recap 2025

    2025 was a year of trials, tribulations and triumphs. A mixtape of emotions. A year where either conditional probability did not apply to my life or there were more variables in play. It was a year of shedding: both light and deadweight. The year quietly announced itself towards the end of 2024, when I had a wonderful exploration of the Ripon Building and its surroundings. It quietly set the tone for the new year – wandering, observing and letting curiosity take the lead. The first two months were mildly eventful. I was selected to be the head of Registration Committee for Vibrance. I enjoyed the hustle – the checklist, the controlled chaos and the celebrations. I was simultaneously handling my submission for the semi-finals of the Google Girls’ Hackathon, and I’m grateful to my committee and my parents for being supportive. I had an instrumental phase, and I remember blasting the Imperial March in the middle of the night while working. It turned out to be much better ...

The beauty of antithesis

It is human to crave order Inhuman to resist the antithesis. One steadies the room The other wakes your doom It is all around us, omnipresent. Dare I say, nay, I declare. In nature, in physics In perfect relationships In the blank space of art Or the black text in a white part Youth teaches you to embrace it Experience forces enjoyment Conservatives, resistance. Yet Immortal, its existence.