Skip to main content

2023 Wrapped


It's that time of the year again. For kids, it's unwrapping presents. For engineering students like me, it's unwrapping our results. I can't imagine what it's like for adults; some tech companies offer end-of-year vacations, but the odds of true relaxation without a 'relax while you finish this report' directive seem debatable. Holidays were so much more carefree as a kid.

For me, 2023 was eventful—a year of many firsts, charting a new course on life's map. I dipped into my first hackathon (SIH) this year. Although we didn't make the cut for the national screening round, the adrenaline of pulling an all-nighter to develop something new was an experience unlike any other. It met my hackathon expectations and yet defied them. Then came my first hackathon win, courtesy of the incredible team 'Decentralised Humans.'

I began the year by interviewing seniors for the department magazine. Fast forward six months later, I got promoted to the Editor-in-Chief of the same. This experience has been extremely demanding yet rewarding, and I’m forever grateful for the opportunity and the trust my seniors and colleagues put in me. Throughout the year, I had the opportunity to interview various people - for the magazine, and for positions in various college clubs and chapters. That experience gave me a glimpse of what lies ahead as I go forward and gave me little flashbacks of how anticipated I was during my own interviews.

This year marked my entry into the professional sphere. From diving into the fiercely competitive world of robotics at Technoxian WRC to networking and forging friendships at ROSCon, I gained my initial professional exposure.

Navigating the sophomore-year waters hasn't been smooth sailing. The surge in course load brought along an overwhelming workload, especially during exams. Unlike my first year, where I lucked out with some free time slots, this year posed challenges with consecutive demanding subjects. It was a juggling act between exams, projects, and the nerve-wracking reviews and lab exams. Yet, amidst these pressures, I witnessed my limits expand, refining my delegation and execution strategies. It felt more beneficial than detrimental, albeit stretched thin.

On the engineering front, conquering a non-major-specific project for my electronics course—with some assistance—marked a significant leap. Considering my struggles in electronics during my first year, this was a notable achievement.

2023 taught me the significance of setbacks in propelling one forward. Wanting something desperately, only to not obtain it on your terms, often leads to disappointment. I learned this lesson the hard way.

Socially, I forged new friendships and bid adieu to some old ones. People often claim that university friendships are lasting ones, yet the 'when' and 'how' remain undefined. Witnessing friends crumble due to loss or distress when not chosen made me realize the peril of tying one's identity to the company they keep. It's easier said than done, as we've all been there. The least one can do at times like these is prevent someone else from treading the same path, if not worse.

To sum it up, 2023 was a year of many firsts. In terms of success, and failures. The year started high on a professional note, and I hope it ends the same way.

Comments

  1. Hope the end high will be ashamed of 2023 high that why u even call it as high while im in progress.ЁЯШМЁЯШМ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

рокௌ рокௌ… ро░ெрог்роЯு роЯீ

роЯீроХ்роХроЯை роХро▓ாроЪாро░род்родிро▓் родீрок்рокிроЯிрод்родு ро╡ро│ро░்рои்родро╡ை роЗро░рог்роЯு ро╡ிро╖ропроЩ்роХро│். роТрой்ро▒ு ро╡ீроЯ்роЯுроХ்роХுрод் родெро░ிропாрооро▓் рокроЬ்роЬி роЪாрок்рокிроЯுро╡родு, рооро▒்ро▒ொрой்ро▒ு роиாроп்роХро│் рооேроп்ро╡родு. рокோрог்роЯா рокроЬ்роЬி рооுродро▓் рокோро░்рокாрой் рокிро╕்роХроЯ் ро╡ро░ை рокро▓்роЪுро╡ைроХ்роХு роЕроЯிрооைропாроХிроп роиாроп்роХро│், роироо்рооைрок் рокோро▓ро╡ே роЯீроХ்роХроЯை роиிро┤ро▓ே роЪொро░்роХ்роХроо் роОрой்ро▒ு ро╡ாро┤род்родொроЯроЩ்роХிро╡ிроЯ்роЯрой. “роиாропே” роОрой்ро▒ роЪொро▓்ро▓ுроХ்роХு рокொро░ுро│்роХро│் рокро▓ роОрой்ро▒ாро▓ுроо், роЕройைрод்родுроо் родிроЯ்роЯுроо் роЕро░்род்родроЩ்роХро│ே. роЗрой்ро▒ோ, роТро░ு роиாропை “роиாроп்” роОрой்ро▒ு роЪொро▓்ро╡родே роХроЩ்роХைропிро▓் роХро░ைроХ்роХро╡ேрог்роЯிроп рокாро╡роо் роЖроХிро╡ிроЯ்роЯродு. роЕродро▒்роХுрок் рокெропро░் ро╡ைрод்родு рокிро▒рои்род роиாро│் роХொрог்роЯாроЯிропродு рокோроХ, “ро╕்рокா роЯே” роОрой்ро▒ு роЕрооро░்роХ்роХро│роо் роЪெроп்родு роЗрой்ро╕்роЯாроХ்ро░ாрооிро▓் рокродிро╡ிроЯுроХிро▒ாро░்роХро│். роЕродைрок் рокாро░்род்родு роХро░ுрод்родு роЪொро▓்рокро╡рой் роХொроЯூро░рооாройро╡ройாроХிро▒ாрой். рокродிро▓் роЪொро▓்ро▓ாродро╡рой் рооройிродрод் родрой்рооைропை роЗро┤рои்родро╡ройாроХிро▒ாрой். роЗродைропொроЯ்роЯி, рокроХ்роХрод்родுрод் родெро░ுро╡ிро▓் роЙро│்ро│ роЯீроХ்роХроЯைропைроЪ் роЪாро░்рои்род роХுро▒ுроХ்роХு роЪрои்родு роиாроп்роХро│் роХроЯ்роЪிропிрой் родро▓ைро╡ро░் рокௌ-рокௌ ро╡ுроЯрой் роТро░ு роЪிро▒ிроп роЙро░ைропாроЯро▓். рокௌ: рокௌ рокௌ… роЕро░ роорогி роиேро░род்родுро▓ рооோроЯ்роЯாро░் роиாроп்роХро│் ро╡рои்родாро▓் родுро░род்род ро╡ேрог்роЯிроп ро╡ேро▓ роЗро░ுроХ்роХு, роХொроЮ்роЪроо் роЪீроХ்роХிро░роо் рооுроЯிроЪ்роЪிроХ்роХро▓ாрооா? рои: роУ ро░ைроЯ்роЯு. роХроЯрои்род рокрод்родு ро╡ро░ுро╖род்родுро▓ роЙроЩ்роХ роЖро│ுроЩ்роХ роЗрои்род роПро░ிропாро▓ роЗро╡்ро│ோ рокро┤роХிроЯ்роЯாроЩ்роХро│ே, роиீроЩ்роХ роЙроЩ்роХ ро╡ீроЯ்роЯ рооிро╕் рокрог்рог

11 Rules for Life - Review

This is a spoiler-free post. Read on safely :) A few weeks ago, I was on a call with a classmate of mine to work on a course project. We were working pretty late, and for a brief while, his cousin joined us. It was fun to talk to someone who is a few years into your stream. Gives you a brief overview of the future you think you want. When the conversation drifted towards books, he told me about this recent book he read. It was the 11 rules for life, by Chetan Bhagat. I told him I had seen it on the author’s Instagram page, and he proceeded to talk about the book, and how he found it different. At first, I asked if he found any resemblance between this and “The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari” by Robin Sharma. He hadn’t read the book, apparently. I joked about it and mentioned it kinda was the same but presented the ideas in a different narrative. Our conversation ended on a good note, and so did my project.  One day at the final exam of my fourth semester, the very subject for which I was do

Information is Wealth

I recently watched Irumbu Thirai, and I couldn't believe I missed this movie during its release.The core subject of the movie is cyber security. We may find a password to unlock someone's phone, and call ourselves hackers. But this movie depicts a simple and detailed answer to what is hacking.  The film starts on a Major Kathiravan, who dwells in the hopes of resigning his job and going abroad. He has a problem in controlling his temper and is sent to a psychiatrist Rathi Devi. She, upon hearing his pasts, asks him to visit his hometown for six weeks, take a selfie of him there and post it on facebook. There, he learns about his sister's love and the demand from the family of the groom for their marriage. He assures his father that he will get a loan, (Although he doesn't like the idea.)Major gets back to Chennai and tries in many banks, but they get rejected everywhere as they don't have any financial security with them. To their surprise, they get approached by